Pregnant Molly - How Long Left?

phiza
HI guys, a quick question. My Dalmation Molly is pregnant and as this is our first potential happy event I was wondering if any of you old hands could have a look at the picture below and give us an idea of how much longer she has left before we have our new additions? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Molly.jpg
    Molly.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 169

Advertisement
krazyone2006
it all depends how long has she been that big if you want to keep the fry you either need to move her to her own 10 gallon or a breeder box or just let nature take its course and survival of the strongest LOL

Advertisement
phiza
She's been getting bigger for the last 4 or 5 days and she's started to "square off" today. We moved her to her own 8g earlier in the week cos she was getting harassed by our big black male in the main tank.

krazyone2006
I would say just keep a eye on the tank and watch for the fry and after you see them wait 2-3 days then move momma out of the 8g cause chances are she will start to eat the fry and then enjoy your ew additions and early congrats on the babies

phiza
So do you think it could be sometime in the next few days? My daughter is getting very excited at the thought of babies!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NanaT
Replies
Views
sinead22
Replies
Views
cr_fish
2 3 4 5
Replies