pregnant mollies Dalmatian

1. M

MCh4mm3r New Member Member

so I bought three d mollies 2 m 1 f and 2 gbr well now I have at least 150 babies and this is the third time this happened in 4 months my other tank has blue johaniis and so I can't separate the males and I donated so many to local fish stores they don't want anymore..... any suggestions other than buying a new tank....also any other fish that will mate with the d mollies for a hybrid?

2. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I'd post on craigslist or a local fish club to see if you can sell/give them away as well as rehome the female or you're just going to keep getting more babies.

Guppies will interbreed with mollies.

3. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

You shouldn't have 2 male mollies with only 1 female. She will be stressed to death. You will need 4 more females in order for her not to be pestered.

4. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Agree with both of you guys.:) the only time you should have that ratio is when you are specifically breeding them, then the males should be removed after breeding. Guppies will breed with mollies sometimes, but don't use a female guppy as the fry will be to large and can cause problems.

5. OP
    OP
    M

MCh4mm3r New Member Member

What about using the fry as feeder fish?