pregnant mollie-no babies

Discussion in 'Molly' started by BLESSED1, Mar 26, 2010.

1. B

BLESSED1 New Member Member

Hi. I have 2 mollies, female and male. I've had both mollies for about 8 months now. The female has had a batch of fry already and I have already attempted to save all 25. However being new to this I failed. I did not wait long enough for them to get big enough to live with the rest of my fish. At the time I thought they were big enough, obviously not because they all got eaten up. Now I am assuming that the other is a male because the female keeps getting pregnant. Well, all other times she seems pregnant I try to watch and keep up with the timing so I can keep an eye out and separate her when she is ready to release so I can save the fry, but it seems as though she is not having them on a timely schedule-(well over 30 days) each time-(about 4 rounds!). Making it even more confusing she has like a white spot on her tummy and stuff keeps coming out but its not fry!!! Please help me understand......confused:;dk

2. Stang Man

Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Tank is a bit small but male will eat fry as soon as they hatch so my suggestion is soon as she gives fry separate fry from parents in a fry station this will help but I would get a bigger tank to do this a 10 G is to small of a tank to breed if that's what you would like to breed.

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Blessed1 and Welcome to Fish Lore.

I've moved your thread to the LiveBearer/Molly section of the forum to help you to get more responses. I hope you enjoy the site!

Here is a link you may find helpful:
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/molly/11469-molly-caresheet.html

Most live bearers give birth every 28 to 40 days. Keep in mind that water quality, stress, many different things can happen to delay the birth. pH can even play a role.

Thanks!
    Ken

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. w

wonton55912 Valued Member Member

welcome to fishlore!
    she might be stressed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice