Pregnant mama

valeriemgraves

Hello! My sons are fascinated with the guppies our neighbor gave us after they had a population explosion. We separated the males once we could tell them apart, but a couple females already seemed pregnant, so we are hoping to witness a birth. The first female to get close to birthing suddenly died. The 3 other females in her tank were fine, water parameters were good, not over fed, but she got huge. Started hiding and hanging out at the top (labor?) Then died. Now a week later we have another female looking like she is going to explode. I transferred the other remaining two females out so the pregnant one didn't have to be moved. She was hiding all morning and if now at the top of the tank staying in one place just like the last one. I'm worried she is also going to die! Water test is good, temp is good, she has been eating, we feed flakes, occasional peas and algae pellets, we do bi weekly partial water changes, add biological cleaner and stress coat at those times, I added aquarium salt a couple weeks ago to all our tanks... ideas?

Attachments

• 20200605_145459.jpg
    20200605_145459.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200605_145509.jpg
    20200605_145509.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 36

Mike1995

Do you have any kind of aeration or water movement?

valeriemgraves

Yes, filter and aerator. She has been having long poops. Do pregnant guppies have trouble with digestion? I fed a green pea earlier this week in case it's constipation and have been light with flake food. I don't want to starve her if she's pregnant. Maybe she's just bloated!? Her gravid spot is big and dark though and her tank mates that i moved today both seem fine with same environment.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Help! Pregnant molly!
  • Mcewenstank
  • Molly
Replies
Views
Mcewenstank
Replies
Views
Mary66
Replies