Pregnant Guppy?

pimpmyguppy

Hi Guppy friends,

I've had my guppy in my tank with another male for a month or so and she seems pregnant. Black spot on abdomen, distended belly.

Take a look at the pics and see if you guys can see if she is pregnant and how long before she drops!

Thanks Guppy Lover!

Attachments

• GUPPY PREGGO_004.JPG
    GUPPY PREGGO_004.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 25
  • GUPPY PREGGO_001.JPG
    GUPPY PREGGO_001.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 23
  • GUPPY PREGGO_002.JPG
    GUPPY PREGGO_002.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 24
  • GUPPY PREGGO_003.JPG
    GUPPY PREGGO_003.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 24

Jragan23

Hi Guppy friends,

I've had my guppy in my tank with another male for a month or so and she seems pregnant. Black spot on abdomen, distended belly.

Take a look at the pics and see if you guys can see if she is pregnant and how long before she drops!

Thanks Guppy Lover!
I would say she’s pregnant. If they’re in the tank with a male they’ll almost always be! I don’t think she’s quite ready to drop though. Wait till she gets more squared off and then it’ll be about time. I know when my guppies were pregnant I could see fry eyes inside of her so if you see those you know for sure! Here’s a picture of mine close to when she gave birth...

Attachments

• 7E8E7FAB-8478-41B0-A384-C613925F5D90.jpeg
    7E8E7FAB-8478-41B0-A384-C613925F5D90.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

FreshFins

Honestly it can be hard to know exactly when they will give birth. Said above, is some things that might happen, but won’t always. I’ve had livebearers look really small, and not squared off, and no gravid spot. Usually you can see fry eyes, but not always. If you want to know when they are pregnant, you have to look at their behavior. They tend to show different behaviors when being pregnant. The most common behaviors would be: aggression, staying in one spot, hiding.

Upvote 0

emeraldking

Well, there's still sufficient time before she'll drop fry.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Chloemarie
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
emeraldking
  • Question
  • Chloemarie
  • Guppy
Replies