Pregnant Guppy?

squidny

Hello, so about 4 weeks ago, i put one of my female guppies with a male for about 3 days, i kept a close eye on them to make sure neither were stressed. They mated and i took out the male, its been about 3 weeks and her gravid spot has gotten darker, and i think her belly has gotten bigger but i cant really tell? Ive kept her alone in a 5gal because when i tried putting her back in her original tank with other fish, she seemed very skiddish and stressed out around them. Is it normal for a first time pregnant guppy, to have a smaller stomach? (Not as many babies?) Or is she just not pregnant? Its been 22 days. I can add pictures of her now, but the only "before" pictures i have of her are blurry. Is she pregnant with a small belly?
This is her now:

Attachments

• 20210713_125557.jpg
    20210713_125557.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210713_125600.jpg
    20210713_125600.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 17

GuppyOverlord11

I think she's pregnant... I can see the gravid spot. Not very far along though.

Upvote 0

emeraldking

If she’s pregnant, it’ll be at an early stage. Also non-pregnant females will show a gravid spot. So, spotting a gravid spot does not indicate a pregnancy itself. If she’s mated with a male, doesn’t mean that she’ll be pregnant soon after the mating. An actual mating means only that a male has donated his sperm. The donated sperm can be stored as sperm packets in the folds of the Fallopian tube. In that case, the female won’t be pregnant yet. She’ll decide when she’ll open up 1 or more folds (in a random way) to release 1 or more sperm packets to fertilize the eggs. Only then she’ll become pregnant.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Stargirl212
  • Question
  • Chloemarie
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
emeraldking