Pregnant guppy

Dezirae90
Is my guppies belly squared off yet I can’t tell
A better view help
Updated photo
Another one

SM1199
Not quite! She has a ways to go. She would be best left in the main tank so she's less stressed.

Dezirae90
About how much longer you thinking so I can watch for new baby’s I also don’t want the other fish to stress her or eat the babies

SM1199
It's been a while since I've had guppies so I'm rusty in guesstimating how long it'll take. Also, some females get ginormous before they drop and others drop when they're still rather small, so the squareness is the best way to tell, which isn't apparent in her yet.

She will be more stressed being netted and transferred to a small, unfiltered tank than she will be in the main tank. The best thing you can do is add plenty of cover - live or fake plants work great - to the main tank to give the fry a hiding place when they're born. If you must separate her, she should still have some cover so she doesn't eat any fry, and I wouldn't do anything smaller than a 5 gallon with a cycled filter and heater.

Dezirae90
Thanks so much I’ll look into more cover

SotaAquatics
I would say she's probably still got about two weeks to go. Her belly looks pretty small to me yet, especially if she's a first timer, they seem to take a little longer then mature females and usually will only drop a couple at a time over days vs a mature female dropping 30-50 in a few hours.

You will say, there's no way she can get any bigger, she has to be ready to go. And then she will get 30% bigger then that, then finally square and drop them. It really is amazing how many fry they can expand to hold.

Dezirae90
I’m not sure bc I got her already pregnant from the pet store this was taken a week ago

SotaAquatics
She is definitely pregnant comparing the new picture to her a week ago, but makes me think she might be closer to 3 weeks out yet. Attached are some pictures of a few pregnant females in my fry tank - sorry for the quality it was only picture I had of that tank. But should help give an idea, and I would say these 3 in the below picture are still easily 1 week - 10 days out.

Dezirae90
Thanks for your help

Dezirae90
Dezirae90 said:
A better view help
Updated photo
Another one
This is an updated photo I’m still new to these guppies so yeah so taking it by every other day
Dezirae90 said:
A better view help
Updated photo
Another one

10EC2593-D082-4F68-95AE-7784CC2B1D8E.jpeg

Latest threads

Top Bottom