Pregnant Guppy!

Followbaby

Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed that one of my Guppies was pregnant over a month ago now and still have no fry :( I’ve separated her from the males in her own breeder box a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else can confirm she is in fact pregnant and not just a fat fish ? Would be a great help!any advI’ve would also be appreciated !

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
First impression → she might be pregnant. Maybe a picture from a different angle could give more clarity.
Sometimes it may take a bit longer before a guppy female will give birth. An average is 3-4 weeks as a guppy gestation period, but some may take 6-8 weeks. Happens overhere as well.

MileyMorkie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi,

I noticed that one of my Guppies was pregnant over a month ago now and still have no fry :( I’ve separated her from the males in her own breeder box a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else can confirm she is in fact pregnant and not just a fat fish ? Would be a great help!any advI’ve would also be appreciated !
How often is she fed? Within the passed month how much stress has she been through (minus the males having fun with her)? Is she an offspring of another guppy in your tank? If so did her mother have similar issues? Has she been panting recently?

I can't tell a whole lot with that photo but either she is both fat and pregnant or fat and egg bound (Guppies are ovoviviparous). A simple photo doesn't really spell out the entire problem...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom