Pregnant guppy URGENT expanding no dark spot please help red veins constipation?

BinkieRoyi

Stays secluded on the floor even upside down please help
IMG_20191115_222211.jpgIMG_20191115_222408.jpgIMG_20191115_222015.jpg

emeraldking

She's not pregnant. At some point she won't survive. Sorry to say...

BinkieRoyi

Is she constipated l really got a breeding box anything to do or take her to the petshop clinic???

Heron

Looks like a very bad case of dropsy. I can't see from the photo but are the scales sticking up?. As it's upside down it could also be a swim bladder issue.
If you want to try to save it you could start an internal bacterial treatment and swimbladder medications but I think it is maybe beyond saving. Dropsy is a symptom not a cause, the most likely cause is bacterial ( hence I suggest bacterial meds ) but it could also be a reaction to poor water quality, so it's worth checking your water.
Where I live in the UK most antibiotic meds are not legally available but if you live elsewhere they may be so I can't really advice as to what meds to use.

BlackSkirtTetra

Agreed. Sorry. She seems extremely bloated to the point where she will not make it. Seems like a swim bladder issue because she’s so bloated and lopsided. I would test the water conditions to try and make sure your water conditions aren’t the cause.

Sorry but at this point it is too late. It is extremely difficult to try to stop diseases after they start. Prevention is the way to go. And medication can have varying results...

Sorry it looks like she isn’t going to make it.

Heron

BinkieRoyi said:
Is she constipated l really got a breeding box anything to do or take her to the petshop clinic???
I have never seen constipation cause a fish to get that big. The treatment for severe constipation that needs urgent attention is to isolate the fish, give it a bath for 15 mins in 3 gallon per liter Epsom salt solution. Then don't feed for two days then feed some shelled cooked peas.
I don't think it's constipation but that's what to do if it was

BinkieRoyi

Heron said:
I have never seen constipation cause a fish to get that big. The treatment for severe constipation that needs urgent attention is to isolate the fish, give it a bath for 15 mins in 3 gallon per liter Epsom salt solution. Then don't feed for two days then feed some shelled cooked peas.
I don't think it's constipation but that's what to do if it was
OK thanks l think it might be too late but will keep the tip

BinkieRoyi

BlackSkirtTetra said:
Agreed. Sorry. She seems extremely bloated to the point where she will not make it. Seems like a swim bladder issue because she’s so bloated and lopsided. I would test the water conditions to try and make sure your water conditions aren’t the cause.

Sorry but at this point it is too late. It is extremely difficult to try to stop diseases after they start. Prevention is the way to go. And medication can have varying results...

Sorry it looks like she isn’t going to make it.
Heron said:
Looks like a very bad case of dropsy. I can't see from the photo but are the scales sticking up?. As it's upside down it could also be a swim bladder issue.
If you want to try to save it you could start an internal bacterial treatment and swimbladder medications but I think it is maybe beyond saving. Dropsy is a symptom not a cause, the most likely cause is bacterial ( hence I suggest bacterial meds ) but it could also be a reaction to poor water quality, so it's worth checking your water.
Where I live in the UK most antibiotic meds are not legally available but if you live elsewhere they may be so I can't really advice as to what meds to use.
I live in London UK so any local sources would be great

Heron

BinkieRoyi said:
I live in London UK so any local sources would be great
If your in the UK you will no doubt find that when someone on this forum advises a treatment and you try to find it you discover it can't be bought without a vetinary prescription. I buy most my requirements from Amazon.
I have a local branch of maidenhead aquatics who keep a good range but their prices are quite high, sometimes I go to maidenhead read the packets of the products then buy them from Amazon.
If you need a good source for fish try buying from tropco.co.uk. I recently bought some new fish from them and despite my reservations about buying fish via courier I found the fish were all healthy and have all survived a few weeks without problem, This is more than I can say about fish I've bought locally. There is a 15 pound delivery fee but their fish are so cheap that if you buy a few you can easily save that back.
I'm just outside Carlisle although I also used to live in London.
you probably have many stores near you to choose from so it's a good idea to visit them all and ask questions because a good store is one that can give good advice.

BinkieRoyi

That's all great thanks l am a novice at this ps: l love Carlisle l had my honey moon there lake district is beautiful l envy your relocation

Top Bottom