Pregnant Guppy Swimming Weird

Marcus_Guppies

My guppy is about 27 days in pregnancy she has a long white string on her I pulled it off of her and put in some parasite treatment there’s still some on her is it a parasite?!?!? Or is this labor she also swims side to side in the corner of the tank

my pregnant guppy is about 4-5 months old and she is pregnant in a 3 gallon by herself with a small pleco and is breathing heavily she had a white string so I pulled most of it off her and put in parasite treatment is this a sign of labor she is 28 days in she also looks darker all over her stomach are little black dots her top fin looks like it’s turning black and her tail the base of it is like an algae green color PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 77

jdhef

I have merged your two threads. Please start just one thread per topic.

CameronWilcox04

I have had guppies and bred/raised guppies since I was about 9 years old and now I am 14 so it’s been a good 5 years. And to my understanding, this is most likely a parasite. I personally have never had this happen, but I googled “Guppy Parasite” and looked at the pictures, and all of them seem to have this white string attached. What I would do is test the water in the tank she’s currently in, and then put her in her own cycled hospital tank without any other fish, and dose the parasite treatment daily. Again, I’ve never personally had a parasite on a fish, so I can’t guarantee you that the babies will survive. But just keep dosing the parasite treatment. Hope everything goes well!
Sincerely,
Cameron

Marcus_Guppies

I have had guppies and bred/raised guppies since I was about 9 years old and now I am 14 so it’s been a good 5 years. And to my understanding, this is most likely a parasite. I personally have never had this happen, but I googled “Guppy Parasite” and looked at the pictures, and all of them seem to have this white string attached. What I would do is test the water in the tank she’s currently in, and then put her in her own cycled hospital tank without any other fish, and dose the parasite treatment daily. Again, I’ve never personally had a parasite on a fish, so I can’t guarantee you that the babies will survive. But just keep dosing the parasite treatment. Hope everything goes well!
Sincerely,
Cameron
Oh no ok

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Tiffany95
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
jdhef
  • cindy ruiz
  • Guppy
Replies