Pregnant Guppy odd swim behavior

nmm8605

I've noticed my yellow guppy doing this odd almost frantic swimming pattern where she goes up and down in the tank. She seems to settle down when their is brine shrimp or food added to the tank. feed small amounts a couple times a day for the 3 growing guppies under 1 month.

Our tank consists of guppies and tetras and 1 bottom cleaner fish.

We do have a small isolation tank in the tank as well with our few days old guppy fry. It worked out well for our Squirt when we found her in the tank as well. She is almost a month old.

Tank has 4 live plants and 2 sponge filters as well as fake plants and some gravel.

HupGupp

Against the glass? Glass surfing is often stress related but some guppies are just high strung or bored and do it off and on, regardless of what is going on.

nmm8605

Against the glass? Glass surfing is often stress related but some guppies are just high strung or bored and do it off and on, regardless of what is going on.
I tried to post a video but it said ot was too long. I. Not a pro at any of this. But yes it seems like it is close to the glass
She calms down with food, but she was in a mixed tank of guppies when we bought her,and I'm new to this whole fish thing. So we already had a male guppy in our community tank. So we placed her in there with him. We did that on Feb 11. The male has not been trying to breed her for like a week. From my observations. None of the other fish avt like that. We did lose a mature female guppy last night. But this one has been doing this a few night now.

Water levels are good. I test it like every 2-3 days.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Magtom
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
SchirmerFish
  • Marcus_Guppies
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Marcus_Guppies