pregnant guppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

chammy99uk

Reaction score
well i asked a couple of weeks ago about my guppies and was so sure they are pregnant. ive had them 20 days now and seein as they looked kinda big and pregnant when i bought them, where are the babies?my biggest female has what looks like red in her gravid spot and she does seem a bit bigger but the smaller female looks the same, shes fat with a gravid spot but not getting bigger. i remember there being a baby a couple of weeks ago in my tank so do u think that was one of them having given birth and now shes pregnant again or was that just an early baby? i have read that a fish can have one baby then have the rest a week later but this baby was 2 weeks ago. maybe im impatient but it feels like forever waiting for these babies.i have left the fish in the tank, i have opted out the breeding net as i read that can be stressful for the fish and theres a fair amount of plant for the babies to hide in if they ever come. i dont think any more babies have been born because i watch them like a hawk and nothing.i read watching a fish giving birth is an amazing thing to see so unless they had babies at night when im sleeping, they havent had any babies...

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gestation period is about 28 days, sometimes moving them can delay delivery. Maybe moving them from the lfs to your tank delayed them. Keep an eye out, should be soon.
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom