Pregnant Guppies...

1. e

emilyelizabeth New Member Member

Hi :)

I have two pregnant Guppies that I believe were pregnant when I got them - which was about a month ago. Is there anyway to speed up the gestation period? I've read on websites that you can gently squeeze their abdomens, but I don't want to do that as that seems a bit cruel and unnatural. Is there any way to speed it up, or just wait it out? :confused:

:;thx

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Do not squeeze them you could do a lot of damage, just be patient they'll drop their fry when they're ready.

3. OP
    OP
    e

No, I wasn't going to. Seems very mean :( Ok, thanks :)

4. guppy lover

guppy lover Valued Member Member

Do you have somewhere to put them all? I had a guppy give birth from the fish store and it had seventy two babies:) But she was also a pretty large guppy.

Guppy lover

5. OP
    OP
    e

Oh my goodness that is an insane amount! As mean as it sounds, I'm not planning to save all of them if there is a lot. I also have a few people who are interested in getting some fishies, so perhaps when they're about two months I might give some away :( She's still going strong and hasn't had the babies yet

6. guppy lover

guppy lover Valued Member Member

I almost wish i didn't save them all oh well I did and now there almost big enough to put in the community tank sell them.

Guppy lover