Pregnant Guppies...

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by emilyelizabeth, Aug 10, 2014.

1. emilyelizabethNew MemberMember

Hi :)

I have two pregnant Guppies that I believe were pregnant when I got them - which was about a month ago. Is there anyway to speed up the gestation period? I've read on websites that you can gently squeeze their abdomens, but I don't want to do that as that seems a bit cruel and unnatural. Is there any way to speed it up, or just wait it out? :confused:

:;thx

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Do not squeeze them you could do a lot of damage, just be patient they'll drop their fry when they're ready.

3. OP
    OP
    e

emilyelizabethNew MemberMember

No, I wasn't going to. Seems very mean :( Ok, thanks :)

4. guppy lover

guppy loverValued MemberMember

Do you have somewhere to put them all? I had a guppy give birth from the fish store and it had seventy two babies:) But she was also a pretty large guppy.

Guppy lover

5. OP
    OP
    e

emilyelizabethNew MemberMember

Oh my goodness that is an insane amount! As mean as it sounds, I'm not planning to save all of them if there is a lot. I also have a few people who are interested in getting some fishies, so perhaps when they're about two months I might give some away :( She's still going strong and hasn't had the babies yet

6. guppy lover

guppy loverValued MemberMember

I almost wish i didn't save them all oh well I did and now there almost big enough to put in the community tank sell them.

Guppy lover

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice