Pregnant Endler LivebearerNeeds Help!

BoeTheBetta

Hi! This isn't exactly an emergency; I just wanted to check in and make sure my fish is okay! My pregnant Endler livebearer just pooped about an inch long poop. Other than the length, nothing else was unordinary. It was brown in color and not stringy, so I don't believe that she has parasites. She also had not eaten yet that day, so I don't know where all that poop came from!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 5 gallons
How long has the tank been running? 2 Years
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 78-80 F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)
(I know that I should not have that many fish in a five-gallon; I am working on getting a better tank. I bought 6 endless and one of them turned out to be a female, which I had not asked for. She got pregnant in quarantine, so I put the males in another tank and the females in with my Betta. Unfortunately, I was too late, and some of them were already pregnant.)

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Every week and a half
How much of the water do you change? About 50%
What do you use to treat your water? Nothing other than conditioner. I use AquaticExperts water conditioner.
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? The substrate

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? AquaCare Pro test strips.
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate:20 ppm
pH: 8.0

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Twice a day
How much do you feed your fish? Just a sprinkle
What brand of food do you feed your fish? TetraMin tropical Flakes
Do you feed frozen? Once a month
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 4 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Today
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? She pooped about an inch-long poop.
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? No

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
(Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, including details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
My pregnant Endler livebearer just pooped about an inch long poop. Other than the length, nothing else was unordinary. It was brown in color and not stringy, so I don't believe that she has parasites. She also had not eaten yet that day, so I don't know where all that poop came from! One more thing, she is past her due date by a week or so, so I'm thinking she might be too stressed to give birth with the betta in the tank. I was thinking of removing her until she gave birth. Would this be a good idea? Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
5 Gallon Tank Sick little endler
Replies
Views
chrislim
Replies
Views
BPSabelhaus
Replies
Views
Replies