Pregnant clownfish?

ricardo10

Valued Member
Reaction score
I bought a mated pair of black ocellaris clownfish and the female is kind of swollen from her stomach, is she pregnant? Plz help me thx

Sent from my SM-T217S using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

chrt396

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well first of all..the Clownfish doesn't get pregnant per se. They become full of eggs. How is her behavior? How is she and her mate acting? Anything peculiar..except that shes fat? Is there a possibility that you may have overfed her?

ricardo10

Valued Member
Reaction score
She in picking at rocks a few times but then leaves. The male twitches a little bit in front of her. Could it be that the third clown can be disrupting their process ?

chrt396

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well..I have read a bazillion years ago..when I was actually into salt water..that the male and the female spend time in some corner of the tank, cleaning and prepping the area for eggs. They become very aggressive fending their territory, If I remember..she does some little dance or twitching...or some physical motion which kind of shows that shes ready.I'm sure there is some more info from the CURRENT salt water experts as it has been years since I was involved in salt water. They will chime in soon.

The third clown is who they are protecting their area from. Two is company..three is a crowd! Works with any species!!

ricardo10

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you and we'll see what happens,

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads