Precycling water? Question

1. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

CaribSea Ready Water Preconditioned Aquarium Cycling Water Conditioner. This is what my job is deciding to use to correct the disaster tanks and probably be using it on my tank but I will not let it turn out like the other two.

Does anyone know anything about it or how it works or have used it.

2. Tonia Well Known Member Member

I have never used it, angel. Sorry.

3. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

its fine just though I would ask. Claims to have bb in it but not so sure how much I can trust this. That's why I was asking

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I've never heard of it & I'm intrigued to know what if any bb can be in it, do let us know if you can find out more about it

5. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

will do, the product my job bought claims description is...

Preconditioned water for freshwater aquaria. Helps bypass the dangers of cycling.Ready water blocks ammonia and neutralizes nitrite, supports pH and alkalinity, replaces a fish's protective slimecoat and reduces fish stress, adds essential electrolytes, contains botanical extracts, and water purifying bacteria. Perfect for "top off" water too!

it is from petsmart and expensive. They did a partial water change with that stuff on the tank removing 2g and adding 2g which is what it said to do then added 4 more fish two of which look to be kissing gourami's and two other large looking fish that are white and 4"

keep in mind the parent stocked this tank so I have no control over it just try to inform them it already has two common plec 3 guppies, two skirt tetras and 4 neons that survived the first run and a frog don't know what type. They did not want us using tap said they were buying the water. The tank was uncycled and last reading was at 4pp amm
    0ites 0ates.

theoretically this stuff should lower the levels.if no fish die over the weekend. They had already colored up some. I'll test the water and we will see on Monday where that tank stands