Question Prazipro And Stability

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Alright, here's my problem. I need to treat a tank with prazi, but I just began swapping out the carbon media for better stuff that I don't need to replace, the thing is I only added new media two days ago and the rest is carbon that I have to take out for the prazi to work. Since 2 days isn't enough to establish much of a colony I'm planning on using some stability to hopefully avoid a heavy fish in cycle, but I'm worried there could be an issue using both.
That makes me think a bit, @Cichlidude do you think I could use nitra zorb while dosing prazi? It says that it can also remove ammonia and nitrites.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank you, I'd rather be too careful than not careful enough. Do you have any idea how much faster the bacteria will grow/spread with the temp at 86? Hoping it's fairly quick since I only have enough prazi to do 2 doses and the nearest store that carries it is an hour away

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had to read up on your Prazi. However, should be no problem with Nitra Zorb if you need it. I don't think there is a problem using both. Bacteria once started will double in size every 15-24 hours assuming food is available.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh my god, guess what I did :banghead:
I did an extra water change on Sunday to make sure I had a small chance of issues with water quality. yesterday I noticed the tank looked a little cloudy, but just assumed it was a bit of dust I didn't get off the fluval biomax. It kept getting worse so I decided to change water again, went to unplug the filter and it wasn't plugged in....
So I just left my filter unplugged for over 24 hours while trying to cycle new media,great....

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom