Prazi Pro

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TexasDomer said:
Yes, PraziPro is safe for all fish.
Do you think I should treat the tank if I've seen white poop off and on for a couple days and the fish flashing here and there?
I'm not 100% it's flashing bc ive never had fidh but it looks like they jump or seize or rub on things.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok. So I did a full dose yesterday.
Do I wait the 5-7 days before dosing again or just wait to see if there is symptoms still?
Also, I found a post when googling how to use prazi and screen shot it after I got no reply.
Is this excessive?
Screenshot_20180513-163420.jpg

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ASHLEY R COOK said:
Ok. So I did a full dose yesterday.
Do I wait the 5-7 days before dosing again or just wait to see if there is symptoms still?
Also, I found a post when googling how to use prazi and screen shot it after I got no reply.
Is this excessive?View attachment 438334
My bottle of PraziPro says: “A single treatment lasting 5-7 days is normally sufficient. Retreat as necessary, but no more than once every 3-5 days.”

So yes, that does seem excessive haha

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That is what I thought but I've seen this exact treatment schedule pop up on other forum posts as searching as well. Huh

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ASHLEY R COOK said:
That is what I thought but I've seen this exact treatment schedule pop up on other forum posts as searching as well. Huh
I would follow the directions on the bottle, that just seems like a buttload of medicating for no reason because PraziPro stays in the take for up to 7 days? Doing water changes to remove it just to add it back in seems counterintuitive to me. I overused PraziPro with one of my fish tanks, and when I needed to use it again - it was no longer effective because the fish tend to build up a tolerance for things like that.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ty for sharing your experience very helpful. I will stick with the directions then.
Maybe this schedule is for very infected fish. Idk

Cardeater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just mentioning that Prazi only treats certain internal parasites.

If this doesn't work, you may need to try levamisole, fenbendozal or flubendezol to treat the types that Prazi doesn't work on. Levamisole can be used as a bath (ie treat the tank). I'm not as knowledgeable about the others but I believe they are most effectively administered as feed.

The one thing I do know is that if you ever see worms hanging out of the fish's anus, those are callamanus worms, then youll definitely need one of these treatments.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok. I haven't seen any worms.
Just white stringy poop off and on and occasional flashing of different fish.
Also I've just noticed very tiny dark spots on my cremescile. Isn't that flukes? Idk I'm using it more of a preventive bc of the poop and flashing

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Some mollies are naturally spotted, but there is something that's called black spot disease, caused by encysted flukes. It doesn't usually cause issues though (the cysts will stay on the fish since there's no predator to eat the fish and have the flukes develop further), other than the visibility of the spots.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TexasDomer said:
Some mollies are naturally spotted, but there is something that's called black spot disease, caused by encysted flukes. It doesn't usually cause issues though (the cysts will stay on the fish since there's no predator to eat the fish and have the flukes develop further), other than the visibility of the spots.
He didn't have the spots before I don't think. And his orange scales look patchy and they didn't before for sure

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok I started treatment on the 13th but I'm seeing some occasional flashing still. Should I try something else or is that just normal?

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TexasDomer said:
Just from him, or from other fish too?
All except the gourami but it's very occasional. Like I'll see one flash two times and they'll all be fine. The next day I'll see another flash a few times. Today o haven't seen any.
I watch the tank multiple times a day right now bc it's so new. They all act fine for the most part. I did see two white dots on one fish so I brought the temp up just incase but it was gone the next day so idk if it was ich. I'm such a newb and I don't have a LFS to talk with or any fish friends so I'm figuring it all out hands on with you all to help. Thx again for advice.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom