Powerhead/Wavemaker Positioning

Mike Yost

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
HI all,

I got my first wavemaker/powerhead in the mail today. What is the best positioning for them in the aquarium? My tank is a 125G Long. I have a Fluval 406 Canister filter on one side and a HOB filter on the other side of the tank. I currently have it on the side of my Canister filter, on the side glass. I have it mounted towards the top of the aquarium with the water jets pointing up towards the surface of the water. Is this right? any other suggestions?

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds right to me.

I usually position mine where there's noticeable dead areas within the aquarium, and help stir up sediment. (I know others do the same). So if you're noticing a dead spot, try positioning the powerhead there?

(Honestly there's reslly no wrong way to do it. As long as its in the water and 'set up' correctly, position of tank is a personal decision.

OP
M

Mike Yost

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thank you Aussie.... it seems to be doing a pretty good job, it immediately started to make the circular current motion in the tank and junk at the bottom on the sand started to move towards the filter system

New Threads