Powerhead and flow for 33 long

Muskies85

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Recently got a 33 long which is 4 feet long. I placed my tidal 55 filter on the back right but I am not getting much flow at all on the other side of the tank. I was thinking a powerhead would possibly be the answer and if so does anyone have any brands they recommend or any certain style that may work best for trying to push water towards the filter in a long short aquarium. Currently looking at Hydor Koralia 565. What do you guys think? Thanks

Anyone??

Aquashrimp42

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Having a lower flow on one side of your tank is not necessarily a bad thing but if you wanted to increase your flow you could add an aerator on the other side of the tank. I have found that with an air pump like the tetra whisper 100 I could easily get extreme surface agitation on my old 55-gallon bowfront tank using only one of the two nozzles. I currently have it hooked up to my 26-gallon bowfront right now and I have both nozzles connected into a single output to go into a four-way gang valve and I have to the outlet pressure way down so I don't add too much water flow to my planted tank.

OP
Muskies85

Muskies85

Reaction score
Thank you for the response shrimp. They had the Hydor Koralia nano 565 on open box special on amazon for 25 bucks instead of 45 so I jumped on it!

Mike1995

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a hydor in my 20 long. I like it. Never had any issues. If you want something that can be adjusted that's not too expensive or big, I'd take a look at the current usa wavepump kit. I have the 660gph one in my 90g. Comes with a controller and all to adjust it. Not super high tech like ecotech or whatever but perfect for a smaller long tank such as your 33.

OP
Muskies85

Muskies85

Reaction score
Yea I like that ball joint on the Hydor. Looks convenient. Thanks for the suggestion on USA wavepump.

New Threads