10 Gallon Tank Power outage?

HealableRug

Hi guys, quick update on my tank. I got 6 more neon tetras so now I have 12 in my 10g, assuming that 1 or two die which has happened to me before, it should be around the right amount.

But a thought crossed my mind about what would happen with a power outage. Where I live the longest power outage we’ve had was about 6 hours, but just in case I’m curious what other people do to keep their tanks running while the power’s out. Thanks.
Hi guys, quick update on my tank. I got 6 more neon tetras so now I have 12 in my 10g, assuming that 1 or two die which has happened to me before, it should be around the right amount.

But a thought crossed my mind about what would happen with a power outage. Where I live the longest power outage we’ve had was about 6 hours, but just in case I’m curious what other people do to keep their tanks running while the power’s out. Thanks.
Sorry guys, didn’t search for power outages on here. Should’ve done that first. But feel free to reply with what you do during a power outage.

Mandy627

Sorry guys, didn’t search for power outages on here. Should’ve done that first. But feel free to reply with what you do during a power outage.
If it's for a long time (4 hours or more) I put filter media and sponges in tank so the bacteria mats dont dry out and lose my cycle. I will take a clean container and physically agitate water for fish that do not have labyrinth organ. The tank gets messy but it saves cycle and as long as you agitate water every couple hours they will be ok, as far as heat I have literally put warm water in containers and floated them in tanks to keep them warm, thankfully the longest blackout was during summer months due to CA fires, it was 4 days in a row with no power and the heat from summer was enough.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jaysurf7
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
FiShYFiShY1
Replies