Power off during WC?

Leeman75

Do you turn off your lights, filter, heater, etc. during your WC?

I turn off my entire power strip during the WC, but I've heard recently of some who do not and keep their filters running. I had always heard that you need to turn it all off. I'm just wondering what everyone does.

It would be fantastic to keep the lights on as it is so hard to see in my tank with black sand.

Crimson_687

I keep my lights on and even tho my hood is lifted, it helps a ton to see. I power off my heater and filter tho. My heater because there’s no point keeping it on during a WC, and my filter has to turn off because the water level will fall too low during the WC and I don’t want the motor to burn out. It also produces a lot of current that distorts the view from the top of the tank and makes it difficult to vacuum debris

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I turn my heater off and my filter down. You need your light to see....lol There is no need to turn off air pumps or your light.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

On some of my smaller tanks I turn the filter off but only because the water will be below the uptake tube. When running my heaters during the winter months I unplug them. They will over heat if exposed to air. I leave lights and air driven devices on.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

I turn off half of the lights and keep both the filter and heater on. The do roughly 40-50% waterchanges and that’s just about where the top of the heater is so I tend to stop a bit before the tip of the heater would become unsubmerged. My intake is low enough that my filter can stay running.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I have to turn my filter off because my spray bar splashes water all over the place. In my 5g I leave both on because they are low enough.

Upvote 0

Cody

I turn heaters and filters off due to doing 50% water changes. If I do something smaller l let it all run.

I always leave the light on so I can see though.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ImpairedFish
Replies
Views
Babieshark
Replies
Views
Prism
Replies