Power Heads?

tplowman91
I bought a top fin Power Head 30 for my 20 gallon, I didn't hook up the air system since I already have an air stone but the fish seem to enjoy swimming in its current. What are the overall benefits of having one of these? Do any of you have one?
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1447031097.255535.jpg

I love taking care of Aquariums, but I also still love SushI & going Fishing.

Advertisement
TexasDomer
Additional water circulation is the main benefit. It's not really necessary in most Freshwater tanks, but as long as you don't have fish that prefer still water, it's not usually a problem either.

tplowman91
Additional water circulation is the main benefit. It's not really necessary in most Freshwater tanks, but as long as you don't have fish that prefer still water, it's not usually a problem either.

How do I find out if my fish require still water?
Dwarf Gourami, Albino Cory, Fruit Tetra, Black Skirt/White Skirt Tetra are in my tank.

TexasDomer
I usually check Seriously Fish - they have profiles on most every fish in the hobby.

And by the way, fruit tetras aren't a species. They're a dyed tetra, but different species of tetra can be dyed. I think they're usually white skirt tetra.

tplowman91
I usually check Seriously Fish - they have profiles on most every fish in the hobby.

And by the way, fruit tetras aren't a species. They're a dyed tetra, but different species of tetra can be dyed. I think they're usually white skirt tetra.

Thanks for your help.

Shahbazin
I have a SunSun JP 23 powerhead running a big sponge filter that I use as a secondary filter on my 75 gal. tank. My fish like swimming in the current, too!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AvalancheDave
  • Poll
Replies
Views
wintermute
  • Question
Replies
Views
Heron