Power head help

Michaelwolfe92

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI guys just a quick question. My tanks 29gallons and it's dimensions are 80cm x 48cm x 50cm. What size power head would you recommend for it on a simple FOWLR setup. I've looked at a hydro koralila nano 900LPH but not sure if that's too small?

Martyh

Reaction score
A Jecod RW 4 would be ideal you can also have different modes and dial the power up and down to suit from 500LPH to 4000LPH and are reasonably priced also have a single push button for feed.

I run 2 x RW15's in my 6ft tank and can only run them at half the power or water tried to leave the tank haha

OP
M

Michaelwolfe92

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ah cool are they pretty quiet? It's in the living room and anything loud will be a no go from my girlfriend haha

Martyh

Reaction score
Like I said above I have 2 x RW15's on my tank in my living room and only time you can hear them is if it's late at night and no TV or anything on other then that you can't hear them over say a TV on ect I would say they are quiet I listened to my mates Vortec QD's and mine are a lot quiter and 1/4 of the price of his haha

OP
M

Michaelwolfe92

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just had a look at it and it looks brilliant! May have to order one and then see how one goes. Would you say I should one pointing at the live rock and one towards the surface ?

Martyh

Reaction score
I have one either end facing each other on pulse mode this is my flow

No dead spots in there !!

As they use Bluetooth they communicate with each other

OP
M

Michaelwolfe92

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That's one awesome tank! Wish I could have a yellow tang they're awesome fish but my tank is only 29 gallon far too small do you recommend any type of starfish for a beginner? I've heard they can die easy and pollute your tank.

Martyh

Reaction score
Thanks

I've had my sand sifter about a year and a half but sand sifter needs a big mature sandbed to live properly and all others also need a large established tank or they won't live long.

OP
M

Michaelwolfe92

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fair enough, il leave a starfish then Plus I would really love a mandarin goby but I've heard they are very hard to feed but apparently there main diet are Copepods, couldn't I dose them weekly for the mandarin goby ?

Martyh

Reaction score
They are again hard to keep I lost mine and I was putting 20x bags of pods in a week and have a refugium where pods thrive and I could not keep one for more then 8 months they literally eat 100's of pods a day.

OP
M

Michaelwolfe92

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Not happy! Just sprayed the back and and one side in black plastI dip as well and the inlet and outlet pipes so they blend in and I ran out 2 coats in! I thought one would be enough but obviously not

New Threads