Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami With Pearl Gourami In 55 Gallon Community Tank?

Ape

Reaction score
Lines of sight are mostly open until the plants really grow to the top

Flyingjunkie

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a neon DG with a pearl in my 20 and they seem to be getting along fine. I can't say that will always be the case, or if I just got lucky. Just relating what my current experience is right now.

The pearl will be moved to my 90g once it is set up because he grows to a size I'm not comfortable keeping in a 20 for too long, but my LFS doesn't get them in very often, so I wanted to pick one up while the opportunity was there.

Ape

Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it. Dwarf guramis are pretty mean.
I risked it the dwarf gourami was very aggressive to the pearl and the pearl is abiut the same size so it was fair game I guess. I took the dwarf out for about an hour to cool off then reintroduced him but still inside the net for about 15 mins. Then when I let him go they didn't fight at all. The next morning they both had very very minor frays on their tails but everything has been perfect since lol. So I guess taking out the established fish can help

BackyardFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
I risked it the dwarf gourami was very aggressive to the pearl and the pearl is abiut the same size so it was fair game I guess. I took the dwarf out for about an hour to cool off then reintroduced him but still inside the net for about 15 mins. Then when I let him go they didn't fight at all. The next morning they both had very very minor frays on their tails but everything has been perfect since lol. So I guess taking out the established fish can help
Just keep watching them!

Top Bottom