Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami - Sick or Injured?

MrsVanHa

Reaction score
I have a powder blue dwarf gouramI in a community tank, about a week ago he had white spots on this fins and a red spot on his side that looked like a tankmate nipped at him (probably the other gourami, he's not as nice) I treated him with Maracide and Maracyn-Two. The spots cleared up right away and the sore started looking better, or so I thought at first, there's a hole where the spot is, and today the hole is starting to look fuzzy, like there is lint on it. He's acting fine, no one else in the tank is sick, and all of my water levels seem good.
Any Ideas ???

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
It sounds like a fungal infection. Sometimes they can internalize and then return. There are anti-fungal dissolving pellets you can buy that should ideally help. Ideally you should isolate him. It's not necessarily infectious but you never know.

OP
M

MrsVanHa

Reaction score
So it's okay to treat the fungal infection even though I just treated the tank with the other medicines? That's good to know, I hadn't treated him because I was afraid to put too much medicine in the tank.

Thank you!

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
Sometimes fish get sick with another thing right after another as well. I really hope he gets better. I have to warn you that those fungal infections can be nasty but if your medicine takes in him he should recover. I had one betta die of such an infection but another recovered and lived a good while more.

New Threads