Powder Blue Dg

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Soli, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Soli

Soli Valued Member Member

Hey everyone,

I was planning on having guppies, platies, and honey gouramis in my 36g, but I saw some powder blue dwarf gouramis at the store and fell in love with them. I've heard that they're peaceful fish, but I just wanted to double check here. Will the be compatible with the 6 guppies and 5 platies? I'll also have shrimp, snails, and loaches in the tank.

Thanks

2. n

neongirl Valued Member Member

They will be compatible with everything else, just don't put them with any other gouramis just to be safe. I tried it once and mine fought so they are in separate tanks now.

3. OP
    OP
    Soli

Soli Valued Member Member

Alright, sounds good. Thank you!

4. n

neongirl Valued Member Member

No problem! I love mine so much he makes my tank so fun. Show us some pics when you get him :)

5. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

DG might eat the shrimp and will eat ANY fry your livebearers produce. I have had horrible experiences when mixing DGs and guppies, despite what everything online says.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree, one will be fine. It's good that they will eat the livebearer fry imo, you don't want them overrunning the tank....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice