Pouring doses in my tank

1. Maxi1 Member Member

Hi all, I need some feedback regarding doses of liquid treatments for my plants. It is hard for me to pour these doses in there, I am so used to protecting what goes in them. I am using Fe Propel and Flourish according to the dosing on the bottle. I have only been using it once a month or so but the bottles say use it 3 times a week for Propel and daily or every other day for the Flourish. That seems like a lot of stuff to be pouring in my tank water... Will it really not affect the fish? In the 55 gallon tank I still have the black algae. It is sand bottom. The 29 g tank has gravel, both have live plants. How often do you guys use these? All advice appreciated. Here is what I dose... Fe Propel, 5cc in the 55 g. 2.9cc in the 29. For the Flourish, one capful in the 55 g. And 1/2 capful in the 29 g.

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Beeker Well Known Member Member

How heavily planted is your tank?

Do you have any pics you can post?

Mine is not heavily planted, but I only dose with my weekly water changes. If you keep an eye on your plants, you should be able to get a feel for their requirements after a while. It is kind of like houseplants; sometimes they don't need to be watered for a few extra days outside beyond their routine, sometimes they need water early. They can be a bit temperamental. You will learn how they communicate with you and tell you their needs.