Potters angel?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Fishguy44, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Fishguy44New MemberMember

A guy at my lfs told me that I should do a potters angel for my last fish in my tank. Are they pretty hardy or not because I don't want to pay that money just for a fish to die? Thanks.

2. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

What size tank and what other fish do you have in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Fishguy44New MemberMember

40 gallon one ValentinI puffer 1 white spot toby and 2 occelaris clowns.

4. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Yeah I would add him last because I've read that they can be aggressive if added first to a tank

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. SlugWell Known MemberMember

Make sure it eats before it leaves the store. Potter's have a bad track record for being one of those fish that don't eat and waste away, if you are lucky you can find a good one. Some have reported them eating fine and then just passing for no apparent reason. I think a well established tank goes a long way with this fish.

This is generally a shy fish so watch it and see if the other fish being active bother it. It needs plenty of cover. It's also a cooler water fish, low to mid 70s is what I usually read. It's a fish that does not do well with stress it seems so make sure the tank is extra stable and established. The track record is not very good yet but there have been some successes.

In the end I have to be honest and say I don't really like the advice given to you by the LFS, my opinion of course. I'm not even sure 40gal with current stock would be a good home for a dwarf angel. However if you are going to try it I think you would be much better suited with another dwarf angel in that tank if you can find one that won't nip coral (if you have any). Flame angel, Coral beauty, etc

6. Fishguy44New MemberMember

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice