Pothos

Sthil
I have a Pothos with just one healthy leaf and good roots. I have had it for over two months and potted it in soil but there is no new growth. What can I do to make it grow new leaved

IzabelB
Sthil said:
I have a Pothos with just one healthy leaf and good roots. I have had it for over two months and potted it in soil but there is no new growth. What can I do to make it grow new leaved
How often do you water it? Pothos can live long-term in water and they are super popular to keep growing out of fish tanks.
You could try growing it out of water or your fish tank if you have one.

jtjgg
how much light does it get?

Sthil
Give it as much indirect light as I can

Celestialpearl
I find the best way to get pothos to grow is to give it a little extra nutrients, either fertilizer or poopy water (from the fish of course!) and a good bit of light. My potted pothos gets blasted by the evening sun through the windows and grows much faster than the pothos I kept on my tank.

Sthil
Thank you. I bought this Pothos plant and put in a pot with compost and house plant fertiliser. As you can see there
31165CD4-E783-477C-95F3-811BD15B52CE.jpeg

Celestialpearl
That's just a little guy. When I do cuttings it usually takes about 2 months for them to start vining out. Try giving it a little more/stronger sun and see what happens.

Flyfisha
The plant is to deep . But if it’s not growing in over two months give up. Or at least get the roots growing in water first.
That is the correct way to propagate.
These are just a week or two old and have new growth. New roots anyway. The new leaf should start from the root that you have buried.
image.jpg
A snapshot of about 20 cuttings.

A link that shows you are on the right track.

Sthil
Thank you this one I removed from the water and put it in a pot of compost and added some indoor fertiliser. But not doing anything. I may keep it a bit longer and then bin it

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom