Potential Tank Stand Question

KonaBoy

Would this be okay to keep a Betta this close to other fish? I'm assuming it will because they're in different tanks, and the tank will be a few inches away. Comments? Thanks,

Cory

Narcicius
If the betta can see any other fish he might fan his fins out to intimidate, or run into the walls of the tank in an attempt to attack the other fish, especially if the other fish looks like the betta in any way. You might want to reconsider location or something to hinder the betta's veiw of the other tank.

COBettaCouple
That looks good. We have a betta tank next to the platys/guppies tank and sometimes the betta will swim over & look at them, but he pretty much doesn't pay any attention to them now.

KonaBoy
If the betta can see any other fish he might fan his fins out to intimidate, or run into the walls of the tank in an attempt to attack the other fish, especially if the other fish looks like the betta in any way. You might want to reconsider location or something to hinder the betta's veiw of the other tank.

Personally, I don't think Z. Danios, W.C. Minnows or Swordtails look like a Betta, but will he? Thanks,

Cory

travie
It shouldn't be a problem, but if for some reason it is, just put a background or anything to cover one of the sides completely to block the view.

darkwolf29a
My girlfriend keeps bettas next to each other. New rack mates flare at each other for awhile, then go find something else to do. LOL

I have one betta sitting next to my Oscar tank...the betta flares at the Oscar every once in awhile. Now...that's just funny. .

It's not going to hurt them, in fact some people say that they should be allowed to flare and puff up, that it's good for them.

Narcicius
go ahead and keep the setup just watch the betta, if he starts to hurt himself at all just put a background in between or maybe some books, might look a little classy if you do it right.

KittieKat
I have one of my male bettas in with zebras, a pencilfish, and ghost shrimp... he doesn't even mind them. they all get along. a lot of bettas flare for alittle bit but they get used to their neighbors and/or tank mates quickly

KonaBoy
Okay, well I'll probably just put some leftover tank background on the side so that he can't see. Thanks everyone ,

Cory

Narcicius
No problem, hope you enjoy your fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
AquEric
Replies