Potential Problem - Kribs With Discus

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Mealor, Apr 20, 2018.

1. MealorValued MemberMember

Hello all the lovely fishy people
    I have recently had neon tetra desease and I have now got 0 neons after mass euthanization very sad but because of it I had no q tank now I had to move fish over to my other tabk to avoid infection so I have ended up with angels and Kribs and a shark together this was never my intention what I'm wandering is the Kribs will go back to the other tank as I had them with the shark but he ate there babies non of the fish have been aggressive to each other in the same 240 litre tank with a few live bearers there all peaceful fish I spend a lot of time picking my fish trying to get the least aggressive in the tabk at the aquatic centre ie watch em for a bit see which ones bully others and take the ones who don't seem to bully any seems to work for me I want to leave the shark and the angels together but can I keep discus with My 2 Kribs as they don't go for anything unless it goes in there hole and a discus wouldn't get in there cave I built the hole in is to small so would this be possible discus and 2 Kribs I'd get a few discus obviously as I have read up on them and wondering if anyone's had success with this having more docile aggressive type fish

2. Katie13Fishlore VIPMember

I’d definitely say no to Kribs with Discus.

3. Rok55Valued MemberMember

A very well versed friend maintained a large group of Kribs with approx 8 large Discus in a 180g tank with absolutely no issue, In fact, used a spiney eel to help control the Krib population. My personal experience is similar, large group of Kribs in a 75g with Angels ........ absolutely no issues. YMMV

4. MealorValued MemberMember

Thank you for this I was planning around a 100 gal or so maybe 150 as I want a bigger tank anyway as I wouldike some discus and it's only the one pair of Kribs I bread them and sell them to the aquatic centre just wanted to know if its possible thanx