POSTING FISH

1. fletch Member Member

I knnow that you can do this in the US because of all the ads you have on this site. Does anyone know of anywhere you can have fish or fry posted to you in britain?

2. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Not a clue Fletch, sorry... I've had a bit of a hunt around on the net before but never found anything. :(

3. fletch Member Member

Yeah, ive been searching for ages. I think weve been defeated. It is a bit cruel for the fish though i suppose

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Do you have any fish clubs or societies in your area?  Even in the states, this is the best way to get the fish you want.  If you get them from fellow hobbyists, you know they are probably very healthy and have been well taken care of.  They are usually cheaper, and you don't have any shipping!   :)

http://home.clara.net/xenotoca/

http://www.i-focas.ic24.net/WORLDFISHCLUBS.htm

5. fletch Member Member

thats a realy good idea. cheers. I'll check that out

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

me and my m8 r goin 2 give each other fish eventually he breeds them so i wouldnt mind a few female swordtails from him so swappin or gettin them of friends is good whether ur friends also hav tanks im not sure lol

7. fletch Member Member

I can swap all the common ones with my mates but i was looking for some rarer ones. im actually considering going out to lake malawi and catching the buggers myself. It would be much quicker

8. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

OOOh malawi would be coooool to go to! On the way to NZ that is.. lol

9. fletch Member Member

yeah, are you paying miss mouse?

10. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Errr ummm If I win the lottery.. sure! ::)

11. swimfan Member Member

I don't know if you will find what you are looking for, but I have seen live fish for sale on ebay......... i have no clue how this works, but I'm assuming its overnight delivery.

12. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Good one Fishfan! I forgot about ebay. Aquabid is also an excellent place to find good deals on live fish!