Post Your Crabs

What kind of shell does your hermit crab favor?

• Total voters

Aqua 59

Well Known
Hello, everybody. Just wanted to see everybody's hermit crabs and how they are doing. Include a pic of your crab(s) and their name, too, please. Does anybody here have over 10 hermit crabs? I'd love to see how you decorate your tanks- kind of having trouble with mine- looks really drab and I just wanted some inspiration.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Well, you’ve seen most of mine, but typically, Purple Pinchers prefer turbos (round opening) and Ecuadorians prefer flat or oddball shells (D shape opening) or the like.

Edit:
I have seven purple pinchers, and two ecuadorians, which are all wearing turbos, except for one E.

wrs2

Well Known
I have 4 crabs. I haven’t seen 2 in a few weeks. One was molting and came up but she is gone again and the other girl is buried somewhere.

04C8D1FA-0505-4176-BF33-201E536E0555.jpeg

^ All 4 are in this photo. We have Santiago in the dark shell, which is his old shell. Pearl is in the green shell and hiding. In the weird white one is Dot and in the Nerite shell is Inky.

5A9CD4C2-131F-493B-B5F2-F41CBE2EA9A2.jpeg

In this photo he is in a new Whale Eye shell.
He has molted twice and is much bigger now. I really need to order some bigger shells for him.

I kind of what to get a 5th crab but don't want to chance getting a sick one.
I would show my tank, but it is in need of some new decor so it's basically just ecoearth and wood ATM.

Small thumbnail is the 2 that are up eating shrimp that was meant for my fish but is too big for their mouths haha!

Attachments

New Threads