Post Any Issues With The Server Move Here

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you encounter any issues since we've moved servers please post them here.

Thanks,
Mike

jmaldo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just an FYI. When posting to my thread received an error code. Try again later. Then a double post. Please delete the duplicate.

Jmaldo's Breeding Journey

Thanks!

Edit: Went back to check. That was fast duplicate gone.

Thanks!, Again!

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Posting this for @Culprit.

He is unable to reply to threads or see updated replies since Sunday. Should he try uninstall/reinstalling the app?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got an error when trying to like a post...

Edit...it only happened to the post from @jmaldo that had a dup post deleted. Maybe it had to do with that?

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Isn't this the way it was for everyone while the update was going on?
Correct! However, I think Mile said server migration was complete and people should be able to post. Some were able to post this morning and now are unable to also. I’m sure a fix is on the way, just want to make sure it’s logged.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Correct! However, I think Mile said server migration was complete and people should be able to post. Some were able to post this morning and now are unable to also. I’m sure a fix is on the way, just want to make sure it’s logged.
Thank you @Lchi87

I have notice the page loads are much faster now for me. I didn't realize they were slow before the move but definitely notice how much faster they are now.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
@Lchi87 - sounds like culprit’s not hitting the new server just yet.

I got an error when trying to like a post...

Edit...it only happened to the post from @jmaldo that had a dup post deleted. Maybe it had to do with that?
Yes, likely to do with the duplicate post.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Recent activity on the desktop site has the most recent stuff be from prior to the update. This thread doesn't even exist on the desktop. Edit...I cant post on the desktop page either. It's like the update is still happening.

The MOBILE desktop site is fine though oddly enough. Apparently this was my first time trying to get on the site on my computer rather than my phone. I have not tried the app. But mobile desktop is running smoothly.

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Im now on and everything is working great. Didn't feel slow before but now it feels way faster. I tried this morning when some friends said the server was finished and they were on, but it was still paused for me. Just took a bit longer for the server to hit evidently.

Thanks Mike!

The_fishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don’t know if this is related to the server move, but when I edited in a picture I took to a post I made, it says I don’t have permission to view the photo.

I am on the app and had the same thing happen in desktop view.

IMG_8058.jpg
IMG_8059.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don’t know if this is related to the server move, but when I edited in a picture I took to a post I made, it says I don’t have permission to view the photo.

View attachment 511271View attachment 511272
I have not been able to edit a photo into a post using the app in ages. I used to do it all the time. I would type up what I wanted to say on my desktop, and then edit the photos in on the app using my phone. (I can type so much faster on a real keyboard, but it is so much easier to add photos using the app) I miss being able to do that. My error is different though. It says:

"NEED VALID FORUM ID"

I can add photos to a new post, no problem. But I haven't been able to edit a photo into a post in forever! It always says I need a valid forum id.

Maybe our errors are different depending on the type of phone we are using. But I do not think the inability to edit a photo into an existing post using the app is a new issue.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, fishlore is finally working on my regular desktop! yay!

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Here’s an odd one... if I turn my WiFi on my phone off, it shows the forum in read-mode with no new posts. As soon as I turn my wifi on and refresh the page, it’s normal.

I assume it’ll fix itself in due time?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here’s an odd one... if I turn my WiFi on my phone off, it shows the forum in read-mode with no new posts. As soon as I turn my wifi on and refresh the page, it’s normal.

I assume it’ll fix itself in due time?
That must be similar to the first part of my day. The mobile desktop worked fine, but the desktop on my work computer was still "read only"

Eventually it did start working on my work computer. Not long ago.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Recent activity on the desktop site has the most recent stuff be from prior to the update. This thread doesn't even exist on the desktop. Edit...I cant post on the desktop page either. It's like the update is still happening.

The MOBILE desktop site is fine though oddly enough. Apparently this was my first time trying to get on the site on my computer rather than my phone. I have not tried the app. But mobile desktop is running smoothly.
Could have been a caching issue on the device loading cached content maybe?

View attachment 511271View attachment 511272
Thats interesting. I didn’t make any modifications to photo posting/editing at all. I’ll see if there is an app upgrade needed for this.

I have not been able to edit a photo into a post using the app in ages. I used to do it all the time. I would type up what I wanted to say on my desktop, and then edit the photos in on the app using my phone. (I can type so much faster on a real keyboard, but it is so much easier to add photos using the app) I miss being able to do that. My error is different though. It says:

"NEED VALID FORUM ID"

I can add photos to a new post, no problem. But I haven't been able to edit a photo into a post in forever! It always says I need a valid forum id.

Maybe our errors are different depending on the type of phone we are using. But I do not think the inability to edit a photo into an existing post using the app is a new issue.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, fishlore is finally working on my regular desktop! yay!
Yeah the app is developed by tapatalk so I will see if there is an upgrade needed since nothing was changed on our side for that.

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
trying to make a new thread, got this error

The following error occurred:
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

i tried posting without the photo and it posted. but getting error replying with the post, then it double posted...

THRESHER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I keep getting a bug that won't let me post/add images to my post/PM. Post/words show up, but image is blank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom