Possibly Wittering About Nothing But...;

Nefersmum

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I may be worrying about nothing but today I noticed that my WC minnows seem to be hanging about in the top third of the aquarium which they have never done before. They appear to be swooping about and behaving as normal otherwise, not gasping at the surface that I can see. It is just unusual behaviour that worried me.

I tested the water on Thursday and all seemed fine. Did a water change on Friday which went well. H have a bubbler which is pumping out some bubbles although I did wonder if the current it was putting out might be a bit too much for the fish. I also have a standard in tank filter going.

There's just this puzzling behaviour. Is it something I should be worrying about?

Cognac82

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I may be worrying about nothing but today I noticed that my WC minnows seem to be hanging about in the top third of the aquarium which they have never done before. They appear to be swooping about and behaving as normal otherwise, not gasping at the surface that I can see. It is just unusual behaviour that worried me.

I tested the water on Thursday and all seemed fine. Did a water change on Friday which went well. H have a bubbler which is pumping out some bubbles although I did wonder if the current it was putting out might be a bit too much for the fish. I also have a standard in tank filter going.

There's just this puzzling behaviour. Is it something I should be worrying about?
What are you testing with? Redo your parameters and post here.
I keep WCs and they explore the entire tank and will sometimes shoal around the top of the tank.

Nefersmum

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm using NTL labs kits. Parameters are PH 7.5; Ammonia 0; Nitrite 0; Nitrate 2.5.

I fed them some frozen daphnia early and they were charging around like mad things.

I was hoping it was broadly normal behaviour as your Cognac82. These are my first tropicals so I'm probably worrying unnecessarily. I've had them about 4/5 months and I've not see this behaviour from them before.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom