Possibly swap meets and auctions this year for North East !

mimo91088

I first got the itch to seriously join a club and make some fish friends right before covid hit. So im looking forward to anything. coralbandit if I ever run into you at one of northeast events, I'd say I owe you a beer!

emmykenzie

Just found the new calendar of events for NEC and there are meets and auctions on the board !
NEC Council (northeastcouncil.org)

NEC Convention
3 weeks 3 days 14 hours
Would be cool to meet up with new people ..:cool:
Do you know if this is this members only?
I’ve been anxiously awaiting something to pop up local to me! Can’t wait for more information!

coralbandit

Do you know if this is this members only?
I’ve been anxiously awaiting something to pop up local to me! Can’t wait for more information!
The swap meets /conventions and auctions are open to the public .
Only the monthly meeting are for members only .
I am not a member ..

emmykenzie

The swap meets /conventions and auctions are open to the public .
Only the monthly meeting are for members only .
I am not a member ..
Wow great news! I’ll be there! This is very exciting!

mimo91088

I've never been to that convention. What can one expect at it?

coralbandit

They will hopefully list info and confirm it soon ?
They used to have competitions and speakers from Friday right till Sunday when the auction takes place .
I have just gone for the Sunday auctions but always enjoyed and usually brought home a cool fish or two ..
With lockdowns and people working from home [not me ] I would think there may a great many more fish then before from hobby breeders .
Once I see it confirmed I will probably decide to go .
I missed doing fishy things last year ..All work and no play make Jack a dull boy ..
Here is a link to the 2019 convention with the type of info I hope to see;
NEC 44th Annual Convention | NEC Council (northeastcouncil.org)
NEC 2019 Convention Flyer 9-18-18.jpg (2550×3300) (northeastcouncil.org)

mimo91088

Looks to me like it might be virtual this year . Here's a screenshot of their Facebook events page

Screenshot_20210225-124827_Samsung Internet.jpg

emmykenzie

Looks to me like it might be virtual this year . Here's a screenshot of their Facebook events page

I hope that’s not true, it did have a location on their website so I’m not sure if they’re offering both

coralbandit

Looks to me like it meight be virtual this year . Here's a screenshot of their Facebook events page

Hopefully that will be after the March 19-21 convention instead of being a replacement ?

Sweetie07

Awww
Just found the new calendar of events for NEC and there are meets and auctions on the board !
NEC Council (northeastcouncil.org)

NEC Convention
3 weeks 3 days 14 hours
Would be cool to meet up with new people ..:cool:
Aww I got excited there when I saw the post about the North East! Then I realised that it probably meant North East US - not North East UK where I live...

mimo91088

Hopefully that will be after the March 19-21 convention instead of being a replacement ?
Hopefully!

BettaCyrus

Oh this is rad, hope it's live!

mimo91088

Where are you fellow northeasterners from anyway?

emmykenzie

Rhode Island!

mimo91088

Cool! I'm in MA, but I'm closer to providence than I am to Boston now

NevermindIgnoreMe

Where's it supposed to be? If IRL?

emmykenzie

Where's it supposed to be? If IRL?
Cool! I'm in MA, but I'm closer to providence than I am to Boston now
Have you ever heard of creatures plus in north smithfield RI? There’s also a place called OSA in Seekonk, MA! The store in seekonk is only for freshwater fish but they have a very impressive store in Coventry RI.

Attachments

• 6B32D06F-4F54-40B8-8B9A-051A91E0F1FD.png
    6B32D06F-4F54-40B8-8B9A-051A91E0F1FD.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 17

mimo91088

Have you ever heard of creatures plus in north smithfield RI? There’s also a place called OSA in Seekonk, MA! The store in seekonk is only for freshwater fish but they have a very impressive store in Coventry RI.
I've heard of OSA but never been. I'll have to check them out. Have you ever been to uncle ned's?

emmykenzie

I've heard of OSA but never been. I'll have to check them out. Have you ever been to uncle ned's?
I haven’t! But I’ll check it out online!

coralbandit

I have heard for years about Uncle Neds ..Never made the trip .
I very rarely buy fish . Besides the Hans discus at my LFS and fish from DiscusMadness in NJ it has been years .
I seem to find something of interest at auctions though .. I hope they make it happen but they seem slow with real info ?
I am from NY [middle/upstate] and have no clue what the covid 'rules' are in CT.

emmykenzie

I have heard for years about Uncle Neds ..Never made the trip .
I very rarely buy fish . Besides the Hans discus at my LFS and fish from DiscusMadness in NJ it has been years .
I seem to find something of interest at auctions though .. I hope they make it happen but they seem slow with real info ?
I am from NY [middle/upstate] and have no clue what the covid 'rules' are in CT.
I've really stopped paying attention for my own mental health lol but I assume its very similar to NY. I'm in the market for a multitude of things so this would be VERY opportune for me...

emmykenzie

Hey anyone heard anything new? I’ve been watching the page for new information and I’ve yet to see anything

mimo91088

Nada

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ForBettaorForWorse
Replies
Views
ruud
Replies
Views
pamd