Possibly Sick...need Opinions.

dani198929

So my Betta Ziggy seems to be getting bloated a lot recently and the scales around his face have been looking strange to me. The color looks washed out around his face and he also has some red spots on his cheeks and on top of his head. He still eats and gets excited about food. I've only been giving him 2 pellets every other day. And I do water changes once a week and test his water which is fine, temp is good as well. Does he look sick to you guys??
20190726_171615.jpg
20190726_171646.jpg
20190726_171724.jpg

dani198929 said:
So my Bet ta Ziggy seems to be getting bloated a lot recently and the scales around his face have been looking strange to me. The color looks washed out around his face and he also has some red spots on his cheeks and on top of his head. He still eats and gets excited about food. I've only been giving him 2 pellets every other day. And I do water changes once a week and test his water which is fine, temp is good as well. Does he look sick to you guys??
20190726_171615.jpg
20190726_171646.jpg
20190726_171724.jpg
Forgot to post this pic too...
20190726_172457.jpg
20190726_172452.jpg

jjohnwm

Well Known
I'm not a betta guy...but I must say that is one of the healthier-looking bettas I've seen on Fishlore. Nice fish.

Aquilist

Well Known
It may just be the final photo, but his belly appears a bit bloated. Possibly constipation. What do you feed him?
When did he last poop?
Is he still accepting food?

Finally, can you check above him to make sure no scales a raised? He'd look like a pine cone if they are.

OP
dani198929

dani198929

Aquilist said:
It may just be the final photo, but his belly appears a bit bloated. Possibly constipation. What do you feed him?
When did he last poop?
Is he still accepting food?

Finally, can you check above him to make sure no scales a raised? He'd look like a pine cone if they are.
Yes, you're right, he is a little bloated right now. I feed him betta pellets by North Fin. I'm not sure when he pooped last because I just cleaned his tank yesterday, but I don't think he has done it today from what I can see. I've checked for raised scales also, and he doesn't have them, he's smooth. I'm just worried he has some kind of infection because of the scales on his face.

Aquilist

Well Known
I don't see anything overly concerning on his face, but I could be wrong.
If he is constipated, a 2-3 day fast and then a deshelled pea typically is a simple home cure.

OP
dani198929

dani198929

Aquilist said:
I don't see anything overly concerning on his face, but I could be wrong.
If he is constipated, a 2-3 day fast and then a deshelled pea typically is a simple home cure.
Thank you! Do you use the regular green peas?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Regular peas will do or just don't feed him for 2-3 days.

I must say, those are some fantastic photos you took.

OP
dani198929

dani198929

Fashooga said:
Regular peas will do or just don't feed him for 2-3 days.

I must say, those are some fantastic photos you took.
Thank you! It takes a little practice to take pics of fish lol but I honestly do it often to show him off haha.

Salem

Well Known
my lil guy Lazarus seems to think hes a balloon and bloats absurdly easily- I find that soaking the pellets first helps. I will dunk them in water (or garlic guard) for about 20-30 seconds before giving to him so that its still a pellet but its a lot softer.

keep an eye on those fading and red spots though- it could be nothing and likely is but better safe than sorry

New Threads