Possibly Sick Gourami

livetowin
I bought a Blue Dwarf Gourami and I put him in a Quarintine Tank just to see how he would react to the water, that night I looked and he was doing good well today he made a complete 180 and he isn't really swiming and not really breathing well I don't know what's wrong because I have never kept gouramis can someone help me!!!

Shawnie
see if any of this thread helps..sorry your lil man is sick

is the qt tank cycled?

livetowin
Sick Gourami

yea the qt tank is cycled and it has very good filtration, but one thing I did I just noticed was hes laying on the bottom of the tank and it might be his colorings but there's some red spots behind his right fin and hes breathing heavily I don't think he will make it through the night

Shawnie
oh no! don't think that

tested the waters lately? sounds like signs of ammonia or nitrites ...gosh I hope he makes it!!

do a water change with some prime if you can...50% ...clean water always makes them a bit more perky!

livetowin
sick DG

yea everything checked out the only thing that is ever really high is the hardness and that's because its well water. do you think it might be that virus.

I have a picture of where he is laying its not the best picture but I hope it gives a little clue

Shawnie
lets hope not!! there is no cure

livetowin
if worse comes to worse should I try my luck with a new one or wait and see if something happens with the virus and then get another one cause within the last hour or two hes gotton worse every time he trys to swim he goes to the surface right in front of the filter and flops around and sinks to the bottom I'm really confused

Shawnie
with this disease going around, id wait on the purchase of dg's and make sure you really clean out that qt tank good...either way I hope he does better did that thread help at all with the signs ?

livetowin
Yea it was the virus. Unfortunatly he just died about five minutes ago. but I :'(really want to thank you for your help with this.x

Shawnie
o my goodness..I'm so sorry

livetowin
yea ik it hurts even if I had him for a short time... like I said beforex for your help once I my 29 gallon finishes it nitro cycle ill post some pics of it

Shawnie
your welcome...wish there was a way to save him ....

cant wait to see your pics tho!

livetowin
yea ik its hard to deal with. Do you know of any good hardy fish that are colorful that would get along with: 3 black and 3 white skirt tetras, 1 Male Guppy, 1 Male Mickey mouse Platy, 1 Pleco, and 1 Barking Catfish.

these are in a 20 gallon makeshift holding tank until the 29 gal. finishes cycling

and the pics should be up by tues.

COBettaCouple
I'm sorry that you lost him.

livetowin
Thanks When and if the Virus is gone I might get a new one

jdhef
Yeah, I kinda took a chance and got a DG myself yesterday. Hopefully he will be heathy

livetowin
yea its a chance u have to take if u want the fish

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
Sheldon13
Top Bottom