Possible Velvet In Aquarium? Help

1. AquaKingg

AquaKingg Member Member

I set up a Betta fish tank for my brother and a week or so after adding snails I noticed the Betta has something that looks like velvet. I have never dealt with velvet before so I’m eager to learn how to cure it quickly and keeping it away from the fatal side. It’s a 10 gallon tank with about 14 or 15 other harlequin rasboras with it. The heater is not adjust able. What should I do? Buy a new heater and raise temp? We got 3 snails for the tank earlier and I’m fairly certain that’s what brought in the disease IMG_3817.jpg IMG_3819.jpg IMG_3821.jpg

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Where exactly are you seeing the velvet? The gills are making me think ammonia poisoning...
    Honestly I'm not sure that snails can transfer velvet. What parts are reflective, and what color?

3. OP
    OP
    AquaKingg

AquaKingg Member Member

It looks like it’s all over the fish. It seems white but it might be goldenish I’m gonna do a water change then test ammonia.

4. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

It could be the iridescence of the scales, but to make sure, it would be good to compare with older pictures of the fish. I can't really see velvet well, just because my eyes are weird, but I'll still try my best to help