Possible to overfeed mystery snail?

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Aquaphobia, Aug 13, 2015.

1. AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

I put a slice of zucchini in my mystery snail's tank yesterday and she took a couple of bites out of it but mostly ignored it. I left it overnight and when I got up this morning all that was left was a tiny sliver. She appears to be sound asleep under the driftwood, as who wouldn't be after a feast like that. Is this normal though? Should I give her tiny amounts from now on so she can't do this again? Is it safe for a mystery snail to eat that much? I keep looking through the tank thinking that she couldn't have eaten that much and a piece must be lodged somewhere but I haven't found it yet.

2. alirayFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't think they would overeat, but they do seem to prefer their veg a little softer. My guess is when she wakes up you might need to follow her around with a turkey baster to pick up all that snail poop though.:;laughing There is a lot of water in squash so I really wouldn't worry about it. Alison

3. AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

LOL! I have seen her poop once before but I've never seen her eat this much veg in so short a time. I may well need to pull out the turkey baster! :D

4. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

I don't think you can over feed snails personally, they seem to stop when they're full. Yours must have been really up for zuchini!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice