Possible Sick Honey Gourami

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Kristian Acevedo, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Kristian AcevedoValued MemberMember

Hey Team,
    So recently my honey gourami Sol has been acting lethargic, and has been flashing occasionally against plants. He still eats every night, but he has these two weird lumps (see photo) on his body by his tail. Identical on each side. I’m wondering if he has some type of worms, there no ich present, and the tank/fish in the tank have never had it. 76 degrees, water paeans 0,0,10/20

I do occasionally feed frozen bloodworms, and I’ve heard of fish getting parasites from them, but I wasn’t sure if there’s any truth to that

On a third note: He’s been flashing on the lumps, so they are clearly bothering him. And he has some sort of “dry looking skin” by this head

I have also seen suggestions that it’s swim bladder. Any help here would really be appreciated

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
  2. 123Valued MemberMember

First that I bought my honeys, two of them had the same or similar thing (one on pictures). They were looking sad since the moment I brought them home and I could see they were not going to make it. They were just resting on the bottom, only floated up for breath and very weakly just let go and felt down to the ground again. In 24 hours I took them back to the shop because I did not know how to help them and I hoped the guy there could... but he couldn’t. I was just told they were always some weak fishes in the bunch and I got send home with two new ones (from the same tank) that are fine ever since then, which is over two months now. But since it could be parasites, I understand they might still be carrying them, so I would like to follow this threat, and hopefully someone knows what this is :)

Attached Files:

3. Kristian AcevedoValued MemberMember

Bump, hoping anyone can help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice