Question Possible Pregnant Guppies

MeganS15

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I decided to add some guppies to my tank today. After buying, I noticed the black spot on the females tummy was quite dark and they are kind of rounder in the tummy than most pictures I’ve seen? I took a video of them while they were still in the bag adapting to the water (easier to take pics this way). Could they be pregnant? I don’t know whether they had been housed with males previously or not.
Link To Video:

Livebearer08

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hard to tell. It appears to be that only one of them is even slightly considerable to be pregnant. If she is, then it looks like a day 8 to day 12 of being impregnated. Watch them and in a week or two if she’s is getting much larger then she is most likely pregnant. If you don’t want fry then leave them and they will eventually be eaten unless you’re tank has tons of hiding spots and is fry friendly.

OP
MeganS15

MeganS15

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Livebearer08 said:
Hard to tell. It appears to be that only one of them is even slightly considerable to be pregnant. If she is, then it looks like a day 8 to day 12 of being impregnated. Watch them and in a week or two if she’s is getting much larger then she is most likely pregnant. If you don’t want fry then leave them and they will eventually be eaten unless you’re tank has tons of hiding spots and is fry friendly.
Okay, thank you! I’ve never had guppies before so wanted to check so if not I atleast had a baseline to look for!

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Honestly, probably. Are they close to due? Probably not.

95% of the time when you buy guppies they will either be pregnant or storing sperm packets.

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
When you buy guppies in fish stores they probably will be pregnant. Check for a darker gravid spot and a really large stomach. Before they drop the guppy will hide behind decorations near the bottom of the tank and swim in the same place (not moving). Don't stress her out.

New Threads