Possible parasite

Frisbee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I noticed something strange on my betta earlier today. It appears to be some sort of worm-thing stuck to his face. It’s alive, it was moving around.

The betta is acting perfectly happy and healthy, but it still freaked me out. I don’t know what I should do.

I did my best to get photos, but he moves a lot. (Don’t mind the white dot in the second picture, that was just a piece of debris from digging around in the sand, it fell off when he swam up to greet me).
1414BBC3-B885-4109-B000-E2B0ABD99907.jpeg

37B7F3ED-2293-4260-8135-3922381A0CB4.jpeg

Btw, he is in a fully cycled, mature, planted 10 gallon aquarium (perimeters are 0,0,5) , I’ve had him for a year and a half. I just noticed this today.

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
Frisbee said:
I noticed something strange on my betta earlier today. It appears to be some sort of worm-thing stuck to his face. It’s alive, it was moving around.

The betta is acting perfectly happy and healthy, but it still freaked me out. I don’t know what I should do.

I did my best to get photos, but he moves a lot. (Don’t mind the white dot in the second picture, that was just a piece of debris from digging around in the sand, it fell off when he swam up to greet me).
1414BBC3-B885-4109-B000-E2B0ABD99907.jpeg

37B7F3ED-2293-4260-8135-3922381A0CB4.jpeg

Btw, he is in a fully cycled, mature, planted 10 gallon aquarium (perimeters are 0,0,5) , I’ve had him for a year and a half. I just noticed this today.
Hard to see but maybe ancor worm

OP
Frisbee

Frisbee

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SanDiegoRedneck said:
Hard to see but maybe ancor worm
I did a little research on anchor worm, and it does look like it. Do you know what the best course of treatment is?

I have general cure and salt on hand, but I don’t know if I feel very comfortable trying to remove it surgically.

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
Frisbee said:
I did a little research on anchor worm, and it does look like it. Do you know what the best course of treatment is?

I have general cure and salt on hand, but I don’t know if I feel very comfortable trying to remove it surgically.
I have never delt with it , so I would just be researching as well.

Maybe make new post and in title put how to cure ancor worm and maybe someone who has delt with will see

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom