Possible New Tank?

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello.

What do you guys think about this deal?

It says 70 gallon, but I'm wondering if it's actually a 75 just from the picture.

danhutchins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JLeeM said:
Hello.

What do you guys think about this deal?

It says 70 gallon, but I'm wondering if it's actually a 75 just from the picture.
Sounds like a great deal. I'm just wondering why they would get rid of it so cheap. The only downside is you're buying it unseen, unless you live near them and can look at it first I would also do a leak test before you buy it if you are in the area. Just because the pictures look ok doesn't mean that it is still fine.

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
danhutchins said:
Sounds like a great deal. I'm just wondering why they would get rid of it so cheap. The only downside is you're buying it unseen, unless you live near them and can look at it first I would also do a leak test before you buy it if you are in the area. Just because the pictures look ok doesn't mean that it is still fine.
I live roughly an hour away. It is pretty cheap compared to most deals on Craigslist, but then most of them are WAY overpriced.

danhutchins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JLeeM said:
I live roughly an hour away. It is pretty cheap compared to most deals on Craigslist, but then most of them are WAY overpriced.
Just try your best to cover your bases. If they refuse to let you inspect it before you buy it I would walk.

tunafax

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow if this was anywhere near me, I'd be trying to shove it into my 2 door civic right this second.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like a 75g. "Comes with accessories". As long as the kid isn't included, sounds like a deal. Go for it!

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I may text them in the morning. I might upset the significant other, but even she said it looks like a good deal. Lol.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good deal, check the seals, even at 75$ the resealing wouldn't be an expensive project.

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mcasella said:
Good deal, check the seals, even at 75$ the resealing wouldn't be an expensive project.
I thought that too. I've never resealed a tank before, but everyone says it's easy.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
JLeeM said:
I thought that too. I've never resealed a tank before, but everyone says it's easy.
There are several Youtube videos to follow along, you just need the time for cure and time to get everything done (normally a half day of work to make sure it is all good, then a couple days of waiting for a cure).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom