Possible Mummy?

Wraithen
Ok. This is going to sound extremely weird.

Last night, tank was normal right before bed.
I checked on it this morning and there was a strange dark thing sitting in the middle of my tank. It had some algae on it. I figured someone put something weird in the tank so I immediately netted it out and gave it a sniff. Smelled like actual feces. ???

Ok, so I take it to the sink, lay it down, and cut it open. Once I got through the crust, which wasn't easy with a butter knife, it was lumpy but homogenous inside. Gave another sniff test. Same smell only a little stronger. Confused, I put the weird algae covered fecal smelling lump in the trash. Tank tested out fine. After a few hours of wracking my brain, the only thing I could come up with was this thing has to have been in the tank a while. The only thing I can think of is somehow my female gbr that disappeared months ago, somehow got buried and encapsulated in something, until a pleco dug it up somehow. There's no depressions in the sand so I'm completely perplexed.

AntsRule
What in in the tank? Fish and plant wise.

FriarThomasIII
Well, that sounded fun. Did you see any bones or anything? It might have also been a snail? On account of the shell?

Wraithen
I haven't lost an unaccounted for snail, and it wasn't round enough. I didn't see any bones but in the moment the only thing I could think in my mind was that a child dropped a strange turd into my mind so after seeing the middle of it I was done playing scientist.

In the tank are some bulbs of various plants (biggest one was half the size of my weird lump.) Bacopa, vals, sword, have fern, anubias, and crypt. Fish are 2 clown plecos, 6 sterbaI cories, 8 bloodfin tetras, an eba, and a veil angel. I had 2 gbr but the female vanished and the male died a month later. It's a 65 gallon and parameters are good, with slightly high nitrates for my new plants.

CanadianFishFan
can I just say brave for smelling and cutting it open

WTFish?
Super weird, your dialog made me laugh though! I’m curious now!

Kasshan
useless without pics >_<

Wraithen

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bithimala
Replies
Views
zombimaru
Replies
Views