Possible issue?

Allisonlynn1321

So I heard corys were shoaling species and I have 4 sterbai babes. I went to my LFS but they only had bronze so I got two. Thinking as long as they’re a Cory they should school with the others. But the two bronze just swim all over and glass surf for food often, not really grouping with the others. Was this a mistake

otterblue

I've only had cories of the same type but I know some people have had different ones together and (some) said they would shoal together.

However, I've read and heard from people that cories much prefer to be with the same kind & are happier that way. They don't see all cories as being the same.

Different types may (or may not) shoal together but it's b/c they have no other option. It's not ideal.

Ginger2078

I have different types of corys that mostly swim with mate they were brought with. Like I have two paper corys swim mostly together and they were bought together, then I have pigmy cory that survived and then new pygmys were introduced, but he still swims along up until this day. Sometimes they all mix and swim with totally different types or all together.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
Mlou
  • Question
Replies
Views
AndEEss
  • Question