Possible Ich On Blue Ram

Bills61

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just recently added a blue ram to a 29 gallon planted tank (0 ammo, 0 nitrite, 40 nitrate, 80 degrees F). I noticed some very small white spots on the ram (but not on the dwarf gouramI or any of the 12 rummy nose tetra). There are only 2 white spots on the ram, 1 on each side. I'm not sure if this is Ich or not but I would like opinions.

I'm about to do a water change so should I add salt and increase the temp? I don't want to use meds if that is an option, but I will if I have to.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Since there's only two, its likely Lymphocystis, I’d research it. All of your fish will tolerate being kept at 82 anyway, which is the minimum for Rams in my opinion. I’d also suggest keeping your nitrates at 20 or less.

OP
B

Bills61

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
coralbandit said:
Not ich IMO.
Say no to salt !
Do you think it's anything to worry about?

OP
B

Bills61

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
AquaticJ said:
Since there's only two, its likely Lymphocystis, I’d research it. All of your fish will tolerate being kept at 82 anyway, which is the minimum for Rams in my opinion. I’d also suggest keeping your nitrates at 20 or less.
I just did a water change to bring the nitrate down and I will turn up the heater

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom