Possible Fungal Infection On Empire Gudgeon

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey Guys,
Recently when I was doing a water change, one of my Empire Gudgeons scraped himself badly on a piece of the rock work.

The wound was already white to begin with and isn’t fuzzy. It just appears to be a normal flesh wound but just white.

I was thinking the possibility of a fungal infection but due to the lack of fuzziness I kind of doubt that now.

Would appreciate all the help I can get!

Crimson_687

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A wound will appear hollow, whereas a fungus will appear as a growth. However when a fish is injured, fungal and/or bacterial infections can easily manifest in the wound. Luckily, there are medicines that treat both fungus and bacterial infections, and will also help your fish heal

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A wound will appear hollow, whereas a fungus will appear as a growth. However when a fish is injured, fungal and/or bacterial infections can easily manifest in the wound. Luckily, there are medicines that treat both fungus and bacterial infections, and will also help your fish heal
Hey there,
I do have staple meds on hand. It's good to know the difference between a wound and a fungal infection however, based on the 2 pictures, would you say that my Empire has a fungal infection or simply just a wound? Again, it's been white since the wound first appeared which was after a water change.

Thanks in Advance.

Crimson_687

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey there,
I do have staple meds on hand. It's good to know the difference between a wound and a fungal infection however, based on the 2 pictures, would you say that my Empire has a fungal infection or simply just a wound? Again, it's been white since the wound first appeared which was after a water change.

Thanks in Advance.
Looking at it carefully it seems just to be a wound. Missing scales, exposed skin, but not a major injury. Clean water and some time to heal is all s/he needs. You can use stress coat if you have some

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looking at it carefully it seems just to be a wound. Missing scales, exposed skin, but not a major injury. Clean water and some time to heal is all s/he needs. You can use stress coat if you have some
Alright, thanks for that. I don’t have stress coat on hand but I’m dosing with Seachem Prime everyday to keep their slime coats up.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom