Possible Fungal Infection On Empire Gudgeon

LauraD83

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and relatively new to the hobby as well (have had tanks for about 6 months).

The day before yesterday I noticed that one of my Empire Gudgeons had what I can define as a white growth on the top of her bottom lip and a little growth on one of her fins.
I did some research, but not 100% sure of what it is. She is in my 87L tank, which get a 15-20% water change weekly. Tank has been purchased about 2 months ago. I’ve also got some dwarf Gouramis, couple of tetras (neon and rummynose), two albino corys, some killifish, none of them seem affected. Everybody is eating well and behaves normally (even the affected fish).
I did a 20% water change yesterday, and another 30-35% today. I’ve also just raised the temperature (it was between 24 and 26 before).
Just tested the water again (I normally do it weekly): GH 180, KH 40, pH 6.5, NO2 O, NO3 20, ammonia 0-0.25.

Hope these photos help. I need some advice... what would you recommend?

6B08B850-05B2-4918-9C6F-1C22519EC11E.jpeg A7626853-BC85-4AFB-B1A1-0AB2B52194BA.jpeg 9EA0E303-E944-43A0-B18B-8AED7589D1B5.jpeg

LauraD83

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say white lipstick, it was more a white growth on the central part of her bottom lip -that was yesterday- today it seems that most of that came off, can it be when she was eating???! But now she’s got those white spots on bottom fins

I’ve got some Blue Planet Multi Cure, should I try that??
If so, would it be better to move her to a quarantine tank? (I’ve got one that I can set up)
Don’t really wanna affect all my other fish
image.jpg

roXen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, this is what Aqadvisor says about Empire Gudgeons:

• Note: Empire Gudgeon do best in a brackish set up although some keepers claim to have kept them for years in fresh water

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom